Salary: £8.50 /hour
Purpose of the Job
To provide a concierge service to keep the building safe and secure. Point of contact for service users and authorised visitors entering and exiting the building.
- To ensure the security of the premises at all times when on duty.
- To keep a record of all significant events during the period of duty.
- To record and report any incidents to the appropriate staff member at handover.
- To respond to challenging behaviour and manage confrontation by alerting the appropriate emergency services if required.
- To maintain good working relationships with residents offering sensitive, professional and purposeful interactions in order to enable service users to progress.
- To liaise with other external agencies as necessary.
- To respond to the fire alarms if they activate during the period of duty.
- To comply with the OPENhouse policy and procedure regarding confidentiality.
Job Content and Role
- To monitor and manage access into the building ensuring that only residents, their invited visitors, and professionals carrying out their duties are allowed access.
- To operate and manage CCTV equipment.
- Ensure adherence to Health and Safety regulations appropriate to the building and service
- To regularly patrol and inspect all communal areas, including office spaces, ensuring they are kept clean and free of hazards including carrying out any immediate cleaning to ensure this.
- To record patrols and inspections noting any issues or concerns on the CRM ensuring records are accurate and up to date.
- To report repairs and maintenance issues to the Maintenance Officer via the log.
- To help prepare flats/rooms for new residents to move into as required.
- Ensure handovers at the start and end of shifts with support workers.
- Develop and maintain high quality working relationships with colleagues both within and outside of the organisation.
- Show commitment to professional development attending training and development opportunities as required.
- To ensure Health & Safety and operational polices and principles are observed by yourself, colleagues and service users.
- Adherence to OPENhouse professional code of conduct.
This list is not exhaustive and you may be asked to undertake duties not specified on the job description from time to time.
- To articulate and personally demonstrate OPENhouse values and behaviours of integrity, compassion and excellence.
- A desire to bring about positive change with vulnerable young people and adults.
- Operational understanding of housing and the mental health conditions vulnerable people may face.
- Experience of working with vulnerable people.
- Good communication skills verbally and in writing.
- Understanding of Safeguarding processes and procedures within the Social Care Sector.