Salary: £8.50 /hour
Purpose of the Job:
- Work with the Senior Support Workers and colleagues to enable service users to progress towards their transitional targets.
- Offer sensitive professional and purposeful activity in order to support service users.
- Working within a person centre model to ensure that the outcome of work brings tangible benefits to service users within regulations and commissioner expectations.
- Work in accordance with agreed policies and protocols, the vision, mission and objectives of OPENhouse.
- Enhance the charity’s impact and profile.
- Working together with colleagues and Senior Support Workers, implement operating policies to ensure that support programmes and activities are of high quality.
- Deliver high quality support services according to regulations and commission expectations.
- Work with processes and systems to enable reporting on operational progress against agreed targets.
- Work closely with service users to ensure that the organisation remains responsive to their needs.
- Ensure that services users are progressing against their planned transition targets.
- Ensure that the organisation demonstrates the value of services provided and the impacts of its work.
- Develop and maintain high quality working relationships with colleagues both within and outside of the organisation.
- Deliver high quality communication both verbally and in writing ensuring that all records are accurate and kept up to date.
- Show commitment to professional development attending training and development opportunities as required.
Represent the charity in public forums.
This list is not exhaustive and you may be asked to undertake duties not specified on the job description from time to time.
- Commitment to the aims and ethos of OPENhouse and a desire to bring about positive change in supporting vulnerable young people and adults.
- Educated to NVQ level 2 or equivalent in experience in a similar field.
- Operational understanding of mental health conditions and housing as it relates to the social care agenda.
- Experience of working with vulnerable people.
- Good communication skills and relationship management abilities.
- Personal drive, energy, integrity, adaptability and responsibility.
- Understanding of the voluntary and community sector in the UK and the issues it faces.